|St. Francis Catholic Church, Scott County|
Formed in 1793, this is the second oldest parish in the state of Kentucky.
|The current structure was built in 1820 and is still in use.|
|There is a small cemetery beside the church where the nuns who served St. Francis are buried. Also buried|
here are the nuns who were once buried at nearby Cardome.
|Across the road from the church is St. Francis Cemetery which was rediscovered and rescued over the last 40 years.|
Come back to the blog tomorrow for the story and photos of this beautiful cemetery.